Summer 2022 | July 5 – August 6
The Pre-Freshman Accelerated Curriculum in Engineering (PACE) is a five week comprehensive and intense summer program that gives students a significant advantage in both academic and personal development. Academically, the program reinforces fundamental subject matter that will increase the probability of a successful freshman year. Students will take Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Computer Science. Also, students will take part in a research rotation and participate in a science fair. This on-campus program also allows students to become acclimated to college life, bond with professors, peers, tutors and instructors.
- Prepare students for the Morgan State University’s Placement Test.
- Provide students with accelerated learning of pre-calculus in order to become calculus ready.
- Provide the students the opportunity to conduct and analyze experiments.
- Improve students’ communication skills, both written and oral.
- Develop appropriate study skills, strategies, and habits for success in an engineering major.
- Develop students’ higher order thinking skills (e.g. analysis, synthesis and evaluation).
- Develop students’ ability to draw reasonable inferences from observation.
- Develop students’ ability to work in a team environment.
- Complete online application. NO PAPER APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Upload photo of applicant.
- Upload short essay explaining why you want to participate in the PACE program.
- Upload two recommendation letters (one must be from an educator at your high school).
- Upload high school transcript including classes taken through December 2021.
- Normally, the PACE Program has a program fee and a non-refundable application fee. For the 2022 PACE Program this fee will be waived.
Carl White, Ph.D.
Morgan State University
Special Advisor, Office of Strategic Enrollment Partnerships