Summer 2023 | July 5 – August 11
The Pre-Freshman Accelerated Curriculum in Engineering (PACE) is a five week comprehensive and intense summer program that gives students a significant advantage in both academic and personal development. Academically, the program reinforces fundamental subject matter that will increase the probability of a successful freshman year. Students will take Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Computer Science. Also, students will take part in a research rotation and participate in a science fair. This on-campus program also allows students to become acclimated to college life, bond with professors, peers, tutors and instructors.
- Prepare students for the Morgan State University’s Placement Test.
- Provide students with accelerated learning of pre-calculus in order to become calculus ready.
- Provide the students the opportunity to conduct and analyze experiments.
- Improve students’ communication skills, both written and oral.
- Develop appropriate study skills, strategies, and habits for success in an engineering major.
- Develop students’ higher order thinking skills (e.g. analysis, synthesis and evaluation).
- Develop students’ ability to draw reasonable inferences from observation.
- Develop students’ ability to work in a team environment.
- Complete the online application via the link above. The deadline to complete the application is June 19, 2023.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by June 23, 2023.
NO PAPER APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Upload photo of applicant. Photos only need to be a headshot and should be in PNG format.
- Upload short essay explaining why you want to participate in the PACE program. (PDF format only)
- Upload two recommendation letters (one must be from an educator at your high school). (PDF format only)
- Upload high school transcript including classes taken through December 2022. (PDF format only)
- If available, provide up to 3 sets of standardized scores (ACT or SAT). Only the test scores are necessary
and can be entered into the application form directly; a document is not required.
- Normally, the PACE Program has a program fee and a non-refundable application fee. For this year,
BOTH fees will be waived.
Carl White, Ph.D.
For website issues or questions, please contact the website administrator
Morgan State University
Special Advisor, Office of Strategic Enrollment Partnerships